Tuesday, January 31, 2012

the Dad

The first man in my life to love me, care for me, and treat me like a princess. Dad's are sometimes these ideal characters that we can run to at any moment in life and no matter what the circumstance may be he will always be there. My dad is the type of man to be there for me right or wrong, he is there. He listens, sometimes for hours on end, without saying a word. And once I've gotten it all out, he say just the right thing that makes you smile inside, giving you the reassurance that everything is going to be okay.

The most recent situation with the dad is that I had been going through a time in which my faith was being tested tremendously. Mom always had so much to say and often times didn't grasp the fact that I just needed to talk, to tell someone my problems, my issues. But the dad, he was there to listen, give me words of advice only when the opening was there. He let me refute what he was saying even though it was good advice because he understood that at that moment, I needed to feel some sort of control in the hurricane and raging water that had just hit my life. I talked to the dad about my move, and how I felt like it might not have been the right decision at the time. We talked about financial struggles and my greatest fear in life, being the working poor. s tears rolled down my face he sat on the phone, waiting for me to finish. I love the dad and I will always be his little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment